Request a transcript online: Click here to learn more…
Request an electronic transcript (Escrip): Escript Transcript Request
If you are requesting an Escrip, you will need to access these FICE Codes
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)
Student Records Policy–Notification of Rights
Students have the following rights with respect to their educational records:
1. The right to review their educational records–requests by students to access their educational records should be made to the Registrar, the head of the unit holding the records.
2. The right to challenge–Students may challenge the content, release, denial, and/or access to their educational records.
3. The right to have directory information classified as confidential–Students can request that directory information not be released to third parties unless written permission has been granted by said students. Directory information includes information, such as: name, address, telephone number, date of birth, dates of attendance, major, degrees awarded, etc. However, FERPA regulations allow exceptions, which are detailed in the College’s Student Records Policy, located in the Faulkner State Catalog and Handbook.
4. The right to file a complaint–Students can file complaints with the U.S. Department of Education regarding alleged failures by the College to comply with the requirements of the FERPA. The following agency oversees the FERPA:
The Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20202-4605
Note: Please be advised that only students have the right to inspect their respective educational records.
Click here for Forms and Applications
Degree Requirements for Graduation
Students shall be awarded the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees upon satisfactory completion of the requirements of the specific program as specified by Faulkner State Community College and the State Board of Education.
A student must:
1. Satisfactorily complete a minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit in an approved program of study, including
prescribed general education courses;
2. Earn at least a 2.0 graduation grade point average in all courses attempted at the College. The calculation of the grade point average for graduation shall not include grades earned in institutional credit courses. A course may be counted only once for purposes of meeting graduation requirements;
3. Complete at least 25 percent of credit semester hours at the College;
4. Meet all requirements for graduation within a calendar year from the last semester of attendance;
5. Comply with formal procedures for graduation in accordance with institutional policy at the receiving institution; and,
6. Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
In addition, a course completed with a passing grade at other regionally accredited postsecondary institutions will be accepted for transfer as potentially creditable toward graduation requirements.
A student may transfer from a regionally accredited institution no more than the last six (6) hours for completion of program requirements.
Any student receiving an Associate Degree or an award from the College is encouraged to be present at the graduation ceremonies when the degree is conferred
Need additional assistance?
Please check with the Registrar’s Office if you need additional assistance with the following concerns:
- Academic Bankruptcy
- Course Forgiveness
- Course or College Withdrawal
- Auditing Courses
- FERPA Information
- Graduation Applications
- Graduation Checklist
- Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Credit for Advanced Placement, CLEP, or DANTES testing
- Transcripts Requests–To have Faulkner State to send transcripts to another college, employer, etc.
- Changing Student information
- Enrollment Verification
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to send transcripts?
No fee is required.
Contact Information for the Registrar’s Office
Memorial Hall, Bay Minette Campus
1-800-231-3752 (toll free)