On three beautiful campuses, located near the sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, Faulkner State offers today’s most innovative and in-demand academic and career programs with Alabama’s lowest tuition.
But that’s just the beginning. We at Faulkner State pride ourselves in offering active and vibrant student life programs, exciting and competitive intercollegiate and intramural athletics, and the kind of personal attention most college students only dream about. So, whether the cost of a college education has hindered you in the past, or the location, quality or convenience, it’s time to pursue the education of your dreams. There is no application deadline and no SAT/ACT minimum score required of entering freshmen who have graduated from a regionally accredited high school.
Easy steps for admission:
1. Fill out the Application for Admission.
2. Send your transcripts to the Office of Admissions. A copy of your driver’s license must be received before you can register for classes.
3. Once we receive all required documents, you will officially be part of the Faulkner State family.
Catalogs and Course Schedules
Click here to view the most recent College Catalog and Student Handbooks and Course Schedules.
Admissions Policies and Procedures
In keeping with the philosophy that the capabilities of each individual should be developed, Faulkner State Community College operates under an “open door” admissions policy. However, certain programs require or have specific program entry requirements. These program requirements are listed in the Programs of Study section of the catalog. This policy grants admission to entering freshmen, transfer students, transient students, audit students, accelerated high school students
, as well as any students seeking readmission. Act No. 91-584 passed by the Alabama State Legislature requires that all males between the ages of 18 and 26 register with the Selective Service prior to enrolling in any state institution of higher education.
Students Seeking Readmission:
Policy–Former students who have not been in attendance for one or more semesters (excluding summer semester) are required to apply for readmission. Applicants who have been admitted previously, but who did not enroll, will be required to apply for readmission.
Procedure–Students who are seeking readmission must complete an Application for Admission form, which is obtained upon request, from the Admissions Office or on our Web site.
Students seeking readmission must request that any postsecondary institution attended since leaving Faulkner State Community College mail official transcripts directly to the Admissions Office.
- Apply for Admission–this is always a good first step
- Submit your application for admission to the Admissions Office and have your official high school transcript, GED documentation, and/or official transcripts from all other colleges attended sent to the Registrar’s Office.
- Apply for Financial Aid–check out the wide variety of scholarships and financial aid opportunities on the Financial aid link.
- Look at scholarships from Faulkner State as well as state and government aid such as the FAFSA. You may apply for FAFSA financial aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- See an adviser and select classes
- Mini-orientations and regular orientations are great opportunities to get ahead!
- Register for classes–doesn’t help to apply and get financial aid if you don’t register for classes!
- Pay tuition and fees–don’t forget to check into dorms and meal tickets!
- Purchase books and supplies–Take your schedule of classes to the bookstore and personnel will assist you. Some scholarships and financial aid do not cover the cost of books.
- Get parking decal–don’t start the first day of class with a parking fine stuck to your windshield!
- Drop/Add classes–Students can adjust their schedules during the first week of classes.
- Start classes and have a great semester!
Can’t wait to apply? Well, Apply online
Further questions or concerns? Contact the Admissions Office today!
Admissions Office, Bay Minette Campus