What is Adult Education?
Faulkner State Community College’s Adult Education Program provides adults with an opportunity to learn the skills necessary to function more effectively in our changing society. The Adult Education Program provides the books and all instructional materials at no cost to the student. The Adult Education Program teaches using the prescriptive method which enables the participant to be taught based on what he or she as an individual needs academically.
Adult Education Services
GED (General Education Development) Preparation
The FSCC Adult Education Program offers free GED Preparation classes. The materials and books are provided at no charge to the student. Students who successfully complete the GED are entitled to enroll in one course at Faulkner State or any Alabama Community College System free of charge. To make an appointment to take the GED Test, contact Beverly Gulley at 251-580-2105 or toll free 1-800-381-FSCC (3722).
High School Exit Exam Remediation
FSCC’s Adult Education Program offers remedial instruction for passing the graduation exam.
GED Online & Distance Learning
FSCC’S Adult Education Program has designed an online GED class to help expand our reach to the residents who are unable to attend a regular GED class.
ESL (English as a Second Language)
The Adult Education Program provides non-English-speaking participants with the language skills needed to function in our society and to succeed in other educational/training programs or in the workplace.
Who Can Attend?
- Legal residents of Alabama and 18 years of age.
- 16 or 17 year olds, with proper documentation of withdrawal from public, private or church school, and permission from a parent/legal guardian giving permission for the applicant to have the GED administered.
- 16 or 17 year olds incarcerated, with permission of legal custodian responsible for applicants care, custody and control.
- 16 or 17 year olds institutionalized, with permission of legal custodian responsible for applicant’s care, custody and control.
- 16 or 17 year olds who have been ordered by an Alabama judge, exercising authority over the applicant, to take the GED test.
- Applicants who have been administered the GED test less than three times since January 1 of this current year.
- Anyone 18 years of age or older who are officially withdrawn from school for the ADULT DIPLOMA.
Class Schedules & Locations
Faulkner State – Bay Minette Campus
- Adult Education Class Location: 1901 U. S. Highway 31 South (Old Police Academy)
- Times: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. and Monday through Thursday, 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Instructors: Herbert Payne and Carol Keck
Faulkner State – Fairhope Campus
- Adult Education Class Location: Clern Building
- Times: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday, 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Instructors: Robert Johnson and Grace Watson
Faulkner State – Gulf Shores Campus
- Adult Education Class Location: Administration/Classroom Building, Room P-112
- AE Times: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday, 4 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- AE Instructor: Shannon Scheer
- ESL (English as a Second Language) Class Location: Gulf Shores Administration/Classroom Building, Room P-112
- ESL Times: Monday and Wednesday, 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- ESL Instructor: Maria Tillmon
- Location: Summerdale Flea Market, Highway 59, Summerdale
- Times: Monday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. until 12 noon and 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Instructor: Bonnie Schell
Daphne Public Library
- Location: Whispering Pines Road
- Times: Monday and Wednesday, 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
- Instructor: Jewel Lawson
Foley High School
- Location: 1 Pride Place, Foley
- Times: Tuesday and Thursday, 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
- Instructor: Sharon Craver
- Location: 304 4th Avenue, Foley
- Times: Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. until 12 noon
- Instructor: Dana Wolfe
GED test centers
Click on “GED” then “Test Centers(PDF)”
Adult Education Programs
Click on “Adult Education”
For a GED Test Description
Under “Quick Links” click on “Resources for Prospective GED Test-takers (PDF)”
For information about special accommodations
Click on “I have a disability, am I afforded testing accommodations?”
Need More Information?
If you need any additional information about the Adult Education program, please contact Beverly Gulley at 251-580-2105 or toll free 1-800-381-FSCC (3722).