For information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act and other ADA information provided by the U.S. Department of Justice, click here.
Americans with Disabilities Act
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provides federal civil rights protection to people who are considered disabled. Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act is a priority of Faulkner State Community College. To ensure institutional compliance, the College administration has:
- appointed one individual to oversee compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- required comprehensive self-evaluation of all programs and activities of the institution, including employment;
- provided a committee to assist the ADA Coordinator in his/her functions in preparation of the self-evaluation and implementation of a plan of compliance;
- provided funding for the activities of the ADA Coordinator and for reasonable accommodations of auxiliary aids and services;
- prepared, published, and distributed policy statements and procedures; and,
- initiated additional activities deemed necessary by the administration to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, unless these are deemed to pose an undue burden or would result in a fundamental alteration of programs of the institution.
Further, the administration solicits the involvement of the community and individuals with disabilities in conducting the self-evaluation and in setting priorities for compliance.
Questions or concerns regarding this Act should be directed to the Dean of Student Development, ADA Coordinator, Faulkner State Community College, 1900 US Highway 31 South, Bay Minette, Alabama 36507, telephone (251) 580-2180.